The local admin or Domain admin?  If local (and IIS is not on a DC) then
yes, that may be your problem,  Because the local admin won't have
access (what's the error you are getting..  That'll tell us right away.
0x80070005 ??? -- I think that's Access denied...)

print Win32::OLE->LastError()."\n"; #assuming you are using OLE to
access AD.

IIS 6 supports full pass-through NT Domain authentication.  Users
shouldn't have to enter logins/pws in any boxes if it's all set up
correctly and the IIS box is seen in the local intranet zone.

There's lots of things to check to make sure it's working, but the short
list is to make sure that:

-the IIS computer account is set to "Trust Computer for Delegation". (so
the user's credential are able to pass through the IIS box to AD)
-NTLM is the only auth mechanism for IIS
-the client is seeing this IIS server in the local intranet zone (when
all else fails add an entry in the client's local intranet site list)
-the client computer is set to "Enable Integrated Windows Authentication
(requires restart)"
-check the NTFS perms on the IIS pages to make sure they have access.

-- you might need to run the adsutil.vbs from the adminscripts directory
to reset NTLM auth, but it's only a rare circumstance that it needs to
get reset, and depending on the auth on the rest of the system, I
wouldn't want to blanketly have you change it without knowing what else
on the box we could break if we set the auth at the wrong level.

Let me know if you have any other problems from there..  I have made
this work in a lot of situations.

Steven