I'm hardly an expert, but I've tested the following:

<head>
<title>checkbox navigation</title>
<!--
function clickNav (){
location.href="http://www.rumney.org";;
}
-->
</script>
</head>
check this box:
<input type="checkbox" name="box1" id="box1" value="whatever"
onclick="clickNav()">

Of course, a page with a function like this can be generated as part of a
perl script and the URL following location.href can itself be a perl
script with inputs if needed to pass along scalar values used or generated
by the first script. Clumsy? I'm no judge! Are there other, better ways of
getting a checkbox to call a script?

Chip Hedler