There was a talk by Steven Lembark about using the lazy gathers and concurrency constructs in Raku at the last Perl conference that might be of interest.

Steven (if I remember correctly) was using these tools to analyse vast quantities of data.

The language constructs exist in Raku, and the actual processing is as fast as any other language. But the ease of writing, and thus maintaining the code, is much much simpler.