Hi,

El sáb, 30 ene 2021 a las 23:14, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users (<
perl6-us...@perl.org>) escribió:

> On 1/30/21 9:11 AM, JJ Merelo wrote:
> > Anyway, my 2¢ is that in the grand scheme of things, compile time is not
> > that important.
>
> It drives me around the bend and wastes a lot of my
> time.  It is also embarrassing to hand something like
> that over to a customer.

You can shave time by spinning off all business logic to a module that the
customer can install. It will be precompiled when it does, and it will save
a lot of time next time it's loaded. Perl does not need that, although of
course modularizing will always allow you to use best practices like
testing and reuse.

That said, it's always good to make things faster. Given Rakudo is written
to a large extent in Raku, and Raku is being continuously improved, up to
and including the new RakuAST, it will happen. The fact that such a project
would involve a deep dive into the different layers of the existing Raku,
as well as the new RakuAST, make it possibly a unsuitable candidate for
Google Summer of Code.

Cheers

--
JJ