Daniel Grunblatt wrote:
> > is anybody working on JIT-enabling the Win32 platform?
>
> Yes, the new JIT will work (actually, it works) on Windows, probably you
> didn't read the TODO, says '(currently on hold, waiting for JIT v2)', so,
> as soon as the the code is in you will be able to use the JIT on windows
> and help us enhancing it :)

oh well... stupid me, I worked on the parrot-0.0.5 distro, just forgot about
peeking at the CVS repository :-)

it was really nice to work on it anyway. I have learned alot of things, and
would like to suggest an 'enhancement' to Configure.pl.

if the compiler is 'cl' (that is, Visual C++), and you invoke Configure.pl
with --debugging, it should add '-DDEBUG -D_DEBUG -FAcs -Fa -FR' to CFLAGS
in the Makefile. I've found that with these switches debugging in Visual
C++ is far more pleasant.

also, to inspect core_ops.c in the debugger (instead of the not-so-helpful
core.ops), I had to comment all the #line directives in core_ops.c.

what is your opinion about these changes? if you think they're worthy, I
can submit a patch.

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;