At 1:15 PM +0200 5/28/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
1) Async vs sync

Currently the ParrotIOLayerAPI [1] has distinct entries for Open, Read, Write with _Async appended. These are of course all unimplemented. Dan's draft [2] has additionally async variants of seek and tell [3].

I'm thinking of a separate IO layer (above the default OS layer(s)) that implements Read, Write, ... as async oerations. The passed function arguments (or a flag) can indicate, if actually an async or a sync IO operation should be done.

Why don't we wait a bit? I should be done with the second draft of the events/IO spec today, and we can go from there.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk