At 01:34 PM 10/17/00 -0400, Ken Fox wrote:
>I think the general idea is that the advantages of C++ don't move us
>far enough out of our comfortable local minimum to make it worthwhile.

Yup, that pretty much covers it. C++ also has an awful lot of stuff in it
that, while interesting, is too likely to be misused, or be really, really
unfamiliar to too many people. (The perl guts are going to present enough
problems for folks without adding all of C++'s potential idiosyncracies to
the mix)