On Mon Nov 03 09:38:38 2008, doughera wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, James Keenan wrote:
>

> > Observations:
> > 1.  All 6 of these tests are marked to be skipped on Win32.  So
> > perhaps the reason they're failing on OpenBSD is the same as that for
> > Win32.  If so, then we could add 'OpenBSD' to the SKIP messages for
> > each.
>
> I have never liked that plan -- skipping tests simply because they fail
> just hides the problem.  As a short-term step to keep from being
> distracted, sure, it's a good strategy.  But such sort term "fixes" tend
> to become very long-lived, leading folks to forget there even was a
> problem.

Agreed.

  If the failing tests themselves are the problem, they should
> just be deleted.
>
> > 2.  4 of the tests appear to fail depending on how the OS 'spells'
> > the negation of zero.  Could we address this in a hints file?
>
> This is a long-standing problem:  See [perl #28170] and [perl #30737].

Will add links to those tickets from this RT.

> Are the underlying machines and
> perl5 configurations the same for the NetBSD and OpenBSD tests?

I believe so.  I think magnachef has them set up as virtual machines on
the same underlying box.  He's working on getting me accounts on them
and, if that comes through, I'll be able to post Configure.pl and make
output.

kid51