Andy Dougherty wrote:

> How do you turn it off?  I want to keep a way to specify stuff without any
> interpolation whatsoever. I see the usefulness of this sort of quoting,
> but I also see the usefulness of being absolutely able to turn all
> interpolation off.

Yes, I agree with this point, also raise by Glenn and others. Currently,
there is very nice semantics in shell-style quoting:

   q//  ==   ''  ==  *NO* interpolation

If we want a quasi-interpolated environment, I say we add qs// for
"Single quotes with Some interpolation".

I suspect once \I and \E catch on, people are going to be asking for
others, and then pretty soon q// will not be much less interpolated than
qq//.

I think Perl *needs* a NO interpolation quoting contruct, and q// fits
the bill quite nicely, as-is. I say a new one should be proposed that
can handle these new quasi-interpolated semantics.

-Nate