Ilya Zakharevich wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 04:26:47PM -0700, Nathan Wiger wrote:
> > >   $IO::STDERR->print @stuff;
> > >   print $IO::STDERR @stuff;
> >
> > Ok, something here is extreme confused. Is not the second form an
> > instance of indirect object syntax?
>
> It is not with a bareword at the second place, so is not causing the
> action on the distance.  (There are some other problems with this,
> such as having two frequently used constructs disambiguated by a
> hard-to-notice comma.)

Ok, you should clarify this. You're not suggesting that indirect object
syntax be removed. You're suggesting that it should not accept
barewords. These are two separate things.

Again, I think your RFC is far too terse and needs clarification. Make
sure that you provide for telling people that this:

   $q = new CGI;

needs to now be written as this:

   $q = CGI->new;

in all cases.