  DS> So unless we come up with something concrete, the goals are:

  DS> 1) A nebulous ~10% faster
  DS> 2) Faster in the things that annoy Dan the most
  DS> 3) Faster in the OO bits the folks upstairs from me use

4. faster internal and language level I/O (of course driven by AIO. :)
5. faster startup via bytecode and/or TIL
6. Quantum::Superposition::ForReal

another TIL win is no compile phase and not even a bytecode intepreter
startup phase. TIL code is executed directly and the script is now a
true binary. reverse compilation is still easy due to the template
nature of the generated code.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting