On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 06:12:30PM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > ETOOMAGICAL.  Shades of zip/unzip here.  On some systems zip and unzip
> > are just hard links to the same binary.  It figures out what it
> > supposed to do by what name is called.  Very magical.  Very bad.
> Well, the proposed trick for perl would be bad; what zip does
> isn't. argv[0] is just another arg, afterall.

Hmm.  I rather fail to see the difference between the zip vs. perl.  On the
other hand, I don't like it when bzip2 does it either -- you can't symlink
bunzip -> bunzip2 and bzip -> bzip2 and have it do the Right Thing.  On the
gripping hand, when combined with other mesures, not so bad.

         -=- James Mastros
--
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science.  He to whom this emotion is a stranger,