On 3 May 2001, Ilya Martynov wrote:

> >> You can serialize/deserilize object with Storable
> >>
> >> $foo = new Bar
> >> store_fd $foo, \*SOCKET;
> >>
> >> and on the other end
> >>
> >> $foo = retrieve_fd \*SOCKET;
> >> $foo->bar;
> >>
> >> It will work if you have Bar module on both ends.
>
> DS> Right, but I want it to work if you don't...
>
> Then maybe SOAP::Lite? SOAP allows to serialize/deserialize objects
> and make remote call. SOAP::Lite makes it quite transparent.

        Errm...wasn't (something like) this discussed just recently and
deemed a massive security hole?  If I download a program, I don't want to
have to inspect every line of source to make that it won't download some
bizarre Trojaned module (or even an object instantiated from that module,
which is worse because it leaves fewer traces by not writing to disk) from
some far corner of Script Kiddie Land.

                        Dave