Dave Storrs said:

> > DS> Right, but I want it to work if you don't...
> >
> > Then maybe SOAP::Lite? SOAP allows to serialize/deserialize objects
> > and make remote call. SOAP::Lite makes it quite transparent.
>

>       Errm...wasn't (something like) this discussed just recently and
> deemed a massive security hole?  If I download a program, I don't want to
> have to inspect every line of source to make that it won't download some
> bizarre Trojaned module (or even an object instantiated from that module,
> which is worse because it leaves fewer traces by not writing to disk) from
> some far corner of Script Kiddie Land.

Java's Classloaders and SecurityManagers illustrate one solution to this
problem.  Being able to set a security policy for various sources of code
solves much of this problem.

~ j. // The Almighty in His infinite wisdom did not see fit to
     // create Frenchmen in the image of Englishmen.
     //      -- Winston Churchill, 1942