> > Afaict, even with use strict at its most strict, perl 6
> > can't (in practice) complain, at compile time, if
> >
> >         $foo.Foun
> >
> >     refers to an undeclared Foun.
>
> it is already detectable.  from perldoc perlref:

Perhaps for perl 5, but, aiui, Damian confirmed
that my thinking about Perl 6 was correct.

> Although other discussion in the thread indicates that
> we may be confusing properties and member fields.

My concern was user defined variable and value properties.

(Though part of my reason for that concern was that whatever
limits on stricture might apply to any one member of the joint
property and method namespace might also have to apply
to the others.)

> as I understand it, .foo has been proposed to replace ->{foo} and
> we're talking about fields, not properties.
>
> Property access has got to be something else.

If that's so, I am totally confused.