On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:59:53PM +1000, Damian Conway wrote:
>    > Hyperoperators:
>    >
>    > I sort of understand it, but don't really grok it.  I can sort of
>    > thing of ways it might eliminate the need for a few maps and
>    > foreaches.  Damian, might I request some clarification in Exogenesis?
>
> Well, I'll probably clarify them in Exegesis instead.
> "External birth" would seem a bit extreme here. ;-)

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you'd laid an egg. ;)

>    > Backtracking:
>    >
>    > Ok, I don't get it at all.  Damian, clarification?
>
> Nothing to clarify. Larry punted (to a later Apocalypse).
>
> Okay. That's a cop-out. He's basically saying that you can write
> C<andthen> and C<orthen> yourself as:
<snip>

I understand that much.  What I don't quite get is the utility.
There's some hand-waving in the RFC about making parsers easier.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One