On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 08:35:10AM -0700, Brent Dax wrote:
> Bart Lateur:
> # On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 03:22:55 -0400, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> #
> # >Binary //
> # >
> # >The analogy to || is probably a bit too clever.  My first reaction
> # >was it's some sort of weird division operator.  But it's servicable.
> #
> # I think it's very cute. I think of it as a "skewed or", which is, er,
> # both what it both is, and what it looks like.
>
> If we have 'and', 'or' and 'xor', can we have 'dor' (defined or) to be a
> low-precedence version of this?

I like "dor". "default" also seems natural, but long. Then again, I don't
think "else" is ever legal unless if appears between braces,
so that's another possibility if we wish to recycle syntax.

        $live.happy else die "Sad"

Looks pretty nice. Perhaps confusing if folks think "else" and
"or" mean the same thing. If else seems to "iffish", perhaps it could
even be "or else", which is also not currently legal, AFAIK

        $live.happy or else die "Sad"

Hmm.... gets me thinking evil thoughts... like having "else" be the
low-prec. //, and then "or else" be synonymous with ``else die "$!"''
so you get:

        $live.happy or else

Read my lips: NO NEW TOKENS! ;-)

--
Aaron Sherman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for GPG info. Fingerprint: