Larry Wall wrote:

> On 20 Oct 2002, Smylers wrote:
>
> : Seems like not too long ago we were short of punctuation symbols,
> : and now you've got a spare one lying around.
>
> Pity there's no extra brackets lying around without going to
> Unicode...

Well if C<~> were made the hyper prefix (squiggly line suggesting
motion or 'and so on' through a set of things?) that would free up C<^>.
And the caret could be a bracket if you rotate your head to the right:

  ^
  1
  2
  3

Might have to outlaw ending identifiers with "v" though ...

Now that C<.> is used in bitwise operators, does it make sense to use it
in bitwise shifts too:

  $a .< $b
  $a .> $b

That would almost free up C< << > and C< >> > for being brackets of some
sort, but only 'almost' here-docs use the former.

Smylers