[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matthew Zimmerman) writes:
> Larry has been consistently using
>
> OxAB op 0xBB
>
> in his messages to represent a (French quote) hyperop,
> (corresponding to the Unicode characters 0x00AB and 0x00BB)

More and more conversations like this, (and how many have we seen here
already?) about characters sets, encodings, mail quoting issues, in
fact, anything other than Perl, will be rife on every Perl-related
mailing list if we persist with this idiotic idea of having Unicode
operators.

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
It's called 'rain'."