Larry Wall wrote:

Well, the other guys are suggesting bow tie operators, so maybe we should keep
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

That suggests to me that the circumlocution could be >>*<<.
A five character multiple symbol??? I guess that's the penalty for not
upgrading to something that can handle unicode.

Actually, we could use <<foo bar baz>> for qw too if here-docs always
have to be <<' or <<".
Yes. I thought we'd pretty much decided that anyway, hadn't we?

Hmmm...I wonder if one could then write:

	$str = <<<<EOT>>;

to make the heredoc terminator *really* stand out ;-)

> Or we could change here docs to vv"TAG"
or some such that points downwards to where the text actually is.
Urk.

Damian