On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 07:23:28PM +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
: Ten years ago I was perfectly happy to start all my perl programs with
: /usr/bin/perl5. Today, I would be quite unhappy if I *still* needed to
: do it that way.

In general it's probably a lousy idea to rely on #!/usr/bin/perl6 to
select language since you want the version number to select the
version of Parrot you're running, not the version of Perl.

One thing that occurred to me over the weekend is that we could fix all
the one-liners using a similar strategy to the package/module/class
switch.  It would be a (roughly) zero growth option to simply
switch to :x syntax for command-line switches instead of -x syntax.
Any program that uses colon switches instead of minus switches would
then automatically be assumed to be in Perl 6.

So maybe a minimal Perl 6 marker would be something like

    #!/usr/bin/perl :
    #!/usr/bin/perl ::
    #!/usr/bin/perl :6

Larry