> No sane person would put their braces in different places in
> different parts of their code, so why don't we just say,
> "from now on, you must use brace style X"?
Have you never seen code that's been worked on by several people with
differing tastes in brace positioning and no coding standard? Have you
never copied a chunk of code from one place to another 'temporarily'
without adjusting the indentation (though, admittedly, most editors
will do it for you)?

People *do* mix brace and indentation styles in the same file, and it is
ugly when it happens, but it doesn't change the meaning of the program.

--
Stop the infinite loop, I want to get off!     http://surreal.istic.org/
Paraphernalia/Never hides your broken bones,/ And I don't know why you'd