On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 11:28:18PM +0200, Juerd wrote:
> Larry Wall skribis 2006-09-15 14:03 (-0700):
> > To which I already responded with 5: To write any prefix op as
> > postfix, you should put it in quotes, which gives us .'-e' and .'@'
> > and the like.  (And also giving us a general way of isolating the
> > method name from the .* variants, not to mention generating method
> > names by interpolation without needing a temp variable.)
>
> First impressions:
>
> Ugly, hard to type, not a solution for -e, weird syntax.

How is it not a solution for -e ? I thought it a perfectly good response
to the problem. And, in fact, it solves a more general problem than just
the -X ops.

Also, presumably -e is shorthand for File.exists or some such, so that
avenue still remains for the postfixification of the -X ops. TMTOWTDI
after all :)

Or maybe -e and friends are just macros and there are no postfix
forms.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>