At 4:55 PM -0500 9/15/06, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 10:47:45PM +0200, Juerd wrote:
 So, we discussed making -e a real method, which would imply that
 > identifiers can begin with -.

As a bit of a tangent, occasionally I wish that we could use - in
identifiers instead of _.  I'd rather type $some-long-name than
$some_long_name if only to not touch the shift key :-)

As I recall, we're allowed to put absolutely any characters we want in an identifier if it is a delimited identifier rather than a bareword identifier.

That said, it isn't yet clear to me what the general rules for delimited identifiers are as contrasted with literal strings, and in particular, whether any leading sigil is supposed to go inside or outside of the delimiters.

-- Darren Duncan