Hi everyone,

I don't want to argue about the design of perl6[1], I just wonder: why the semicolon is still needed in the end of lines in perl6?

I can think of different reasons (history, readability, easier parsing of multiline statements, force people to write one-line functions to avoid typing them :) but I'm curious to know the real one.

Sorry if this is already been explained but my google-fu was not good enough to find an answer.

[1] of course I actually do, but I know that I will be able to write my own Grammar, to scratch my Wannabe Language Designer itches ;)