Dear Thomas,

>>Is this supposed to be a joke
Absolutely not. What I was trying to say is that there seems
to be a trend to consider very relaxed identifier rules a good thing.

If Perl 6 wants to grab the road for 20 years, then perhaps
this issue is more serious (this is why I quoted you in particular)
than is obvious, because just as has been pointed out,
relaxed identifiers could become what programmers actually expect.

I also tried to say that as special characters (not 7-bit ASCII)
like for hyper ops have already been admitted, the question of just how
far ($foo&bar) this admission should (be allowed to) is just around
the corner.

When I look at Windows Powershell (dashes everywhere) or XML, where
identifiers literally have to be tagged so we know what they mean,
I can't say it's very pretty.

I'm just interested in where the balance in all this will be.

Apologies, Thom, for being imprecise and seemingly antagonizing.

Kindly,
Michael