On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:

Now that Perl6 is in the mix, though, I think that the best way to do it is to make roles that model eg. Nodes, Plexes (Documents), Elements, and the like, and then have operators on them do all the work (like my idea of using a slash for a combined feed and call code operator). I could be wrong, but it seems to me that we could get something that's somewhat like XPath this way, without having to worry about defining an XPath grammar or anything.

I'm talking to myself here :). The guys on IRC convinced me that the way to go might be something like a grammar, but that does trees and tree transformations instead of a text input stream. See the IRC log for details :).

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    | I am                           |