Mark J. Reed wrote:
> Perhaps the syllabic kana could be the "integer" analogs, and what you
> get when you iterate over the range using ..., while the modifier kana
> would not be generated by the series  ア ... ヴ but would be considered
> in the range  ア .. ヴ?  I wouldn't object to such script-specific
> behavior, though perhaps it doesn't belong in core.

As I understand it, it wouldn't need to be script-specific behavior;
just behavior that's aware of Unicode properties.  That particular
issue doesn't come up with the English alphabet because there aren't
any modifier codepoints embedded in the middle of the standard
alphabet.  And if there were, I'd hope that they'd be filtered out
from the series generation by default.

And I'd hope that there would be a way to turn the default filtering
off when I don't want it.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang