Juerd skribis 2006-09-15 23:26 (+0200):
> Randal L. Schwartz skribis 2006-09-15  9:15 (-0700):
> > The thing that CGI.pm does is put in one place everything you need for a
> > simple web form.  And there's an amazing number of applications for
> > this... putting a "contact us" page on an otherwise static site comes to
> > mind
> > immediately.
> Yes, it's great to have a standard toolkit. It's also totally acceptable
> that a single thing exports several task related things at once.

Hm, removed two paragraphs that I wanted to keep:

But this thing should not be called CGI. It's not CGI-specific. Also,
this should not internally put everything on one big pile. We have roles
now, and roles make it easy to compose an object of the things that we
like, leaving out the things that we don't like.

Personally, I am *against* HTML generating for elements that are not
form fields. And for form fields, I think the solution should be in the
templating thing, not elsewhere. Stickiness makes sense on invalid data
only anyway, and we need to put the error message and a pointer
somewhere, and those are also templating things. Even the simple
"contact page" is much better off with a nice templating tool, than with
HTML generating methods.
--
korajn salutojn,

  juerd waalboer:  perl hacker  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <http://juerd.nl/sig>
  convolution:     ict solutions and consultancy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>