"A> * Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> [2006-09-20 19:30]:
>> "Fagyal" == Fagyal Csongor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>> yet I never needed those HTML generating methods.
>>
>> You've never made a sticky form then.

"A> False dilemma. You can create sticky forms conveniently without
"A> using CGI.pm’s HTML generation stuff. You can use HTML::Template,
"A> HTML::FillInFrom, HTML::Widget, CGI::FormBuilder… should I go on?

"A> C’mon merlyn, you’ve been around long enough to know about CPAN
"A> and realise that your statement is transparently fallacious.

However, HTML::FillInForm, HTML::Widget, CGI::FormBuilder were *not*
in core.  CGI.pm was.  One stop shopping.  Easy to describe to people.

We need the same thing for Perl6: "If you're going to do simple web stuff,
please use MUMBLE module".  And MUMBLE better have tight integration of param
processing and sticky form generation, as well as good header generation for
cookies and redirects.  In other words, at least two thirds of what CGI.pm
does for me now.  And MUMBLE better be included *with* Perl6.

Without that, people will *hand code* that stuff, and get it wrong, and we'll
get the reputation of Perl6 being horrible for the web.