Marc Chantreux wrote:
On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 01:34:44PM +1100, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, howard chen wrote:
What I think is more likely to happen in reality is that people will make various Perl6 "distros", ie. the Perl6 core + whatever modules are suitable to the purpose. So we could have, for example:

... and confuse the users by adding more names in the perl6 world. There
is allready too much words about perl6. Please concider that a newbie
will hear words like PGE,perl6,rakudo,pugs,parrot,PIR,PASM ...
The next point, for me, is that distributions and bundles are just
useless: there are a lot of modules that comes with de standard
distribution i never used and i imagine that no sysop can imagine what
are *my* needs as netop:
Is this not the aim of CPAN6? Making distribution easier?