On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Richard Hainsworth
<rich...@rusrating.ru> wrote:
> Gabor,
>
> there is a big gap between 'i wrote snippets' to 'i wrote modules'. How
> about 'i have written programs to solve real problems' ?

I agree. Although I don't use Perl 6 in production yet, for Perl 5 I
can say that I've never written a module, but I've used it a lot in
production.

In fact... I might even suggest dropping the "modules" one, because
you might have used Perl 6 in production without ever writing a module
(as I have done for Perl 5). Unless you include toy modules that are
better categorized as "code snippets" for learning the language, in
which case they rank lower than "used Perl to solve real problems".

So I vote for removing the "modules" one.

I have another question: If you use Perl 6 for your research (e.g.
Masters thesis, PhD thesis, or university research), does that count
as "production environment" or just "real problems"?

Daniel.
--
No trees were destroyed in the generation of this email, but a large
number of electrons were severely inconvenienced.