I see things differently. I think that the question "is Perl 6 production ready?" is a meaningful and fairly important question.

"Can I reasonably expect to use Perl 6 in a production environment?"

The question has as much (or more) to do with implementations than the spec, but that doesn't make the question unimportant. I can use C90 and Fortran 95 in a production environment they are supported by stable, robust compilers that produce good quality code. I can use most of C99 and Fortran 2003 in production if I control the compiler.

It is entirely legitimate to ask whether Perl 6 is ready for use in a similar sense. Is there at least one implementation that covers enough of Perl 6, with enough quality and speed, that one can reasonably expect it to work well in production?

The feeling that I get from the discussions in this forum, and I mean no offence by this, is that people try to divert the question because they do not like the answer. If Perl 6 + implementations had a support comparable to C99 or Fortran 2003, I strongly suspect that most people would have answered with "yes, it is production ready".

Daniel.