On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmich...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Same here.  I think "something more appropriate" is much more likely to
> arrive with the "go ahead and make" approach than the "hold off" one.  :)

I agree with Patrick. Experimenting with the packaging now should
flush out the bugs before people seriously expect it to "Just Work".
Beta testers are much less likely to get upset if something doesn't,
than users who really wanted to have something in production
yesterday.

Before that day arrives, I think there's some work to be done on the
perceived lag when Perl 6 is invoked. It's still noticeable, even on a
fairly fast machine.