On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:26:23 +0200, Moritz Lenz <mor...@faui2k3.org>
wrote:

> I could continue with other Perl 5 deficiencies (no strict by default,

Using strict *STILL* is not enabled by default for perl6
one-liners either:

$ perl6 -e'my Int $this = 1; $thıs++; say $this;'
1
$ perl6 -Mstrict -e'my Int $this = 1; $thıs++; say $this;'
===SORRY!=== Error while compiling -e
Variable '$thıs' is not declared. Did you mean '$this'?
at -e:1
------> my Int $this = 1; ⏏$thıs++; say $this;

That, IMHO, is a huge deficiency!

> lack of easy threading, too many globals, obscure regex syntax), but the
> individual problems aren't the point. My main point is that large parts
> of Perl 5 are still stuck in the past, with no good way forward.

using perl5.00307 .. 5.21   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE