On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 8:46 AM Simon Proctor <simon.proc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What if something could return an Int or a Rat? Or an single item or an
> Array? Having Mu or Any as the listed return type isn't very useful.
>
> Maybe better to define a subset for it. Or just leave it empty and
> document it.

For an Int or a Rat, you could just document with --> Numeric.  It isn't as
constrained as a subset Int|Rat could be, but it is accurate -- everything
that gets returned will be Numeric.  Better documented than omitting at
least, IMHO.  In appropriate cases, a subset may be warranted for
documentation, even if not in the implementation.

Can we agree at least the simple cases should get documented with a -->?
(I think most already are, and most changes have been adding them.)

Curt