On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 9:32 AM yary <not....@gmail.com <mailto:not....@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I interpreted the previous email as, here is the last date that we
    know Windows 7 was supported. And here is an archive that goes way
    back in time. find the listing in the archive that is close to that
    date where Windows 7 support ended. That seems like a fair method.

        <mailto:perl6-users@perl.org>>

        On 10/21/22 08:48, no...@ist-einmalig.de
        <mailto:no...@ist-einmalig.de> wrote:
          > Hi.
          >
          > https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-of-support
        <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-of-support> ==>
        Windows7
        support ended January, 14 2020

        No fear of a stupid M$ update destroying your system.
        And no need to try to find replacements for perfectly
        working mission critical software that has been
        abandoned and will not run on current versions
        of Windows.

        I do not force my customer onto the latest just because
        it is the latest.  There are conditions were they need
        to be able to operate on older systems.  (I will
        work on any system.  I occasionally still see DOS
        computers.)

        As far for security goes, M$'s security updates are
        typically very late to the show and very poorly done.
        A decent anti-virus fills i for you.  And there are
        those instances were these older system are not even
        on the Internet.  ESET still works wonderfully on
        Windows 7.

          > https://rakudo.org/downloads/star
        <https://rakudo.org/downloads/star> offers Star Bundles back to
        2010.07

        Which goes back to my question.  What is the last
        one they published that supports Windows 7?

          > What am I missing?

        See above

          > Regards
          >   Anton

-- -y

On 10/23/22 07:20, Clifton Wood wrote:
> I would try these (in this order):
>
> 2020.05 -
> https://rakudo.org/dl/star/rakudo-star-2020.05.1-01-win-x86_64-(JIT).msi.asc <https://rakudo.org/dl/star/rakudo-star-2020.05.1-01-win-x86_64-(JIT).msi.asc>
> 2020.01 -
> https://rakudo.org/dl/star/rakudo-star-2020.01-01-win-x86_64-(JIT).msi
> <https://rakudo.org/dl/star/rakudo-star-2020.01-01-win-x86_64-(JIT).msi>
> 2019.03 -
> https://rakudo.org/dl/star/rakudo-star-2019.03-01-win-x86_64-(JIT).msi
> <https://rakudo.org/dl/star/rakudo-star-2019.03-01-win-x86_64-(JIT).msi>
>
> I would expect one of these three to work on Windows 7, if you are
> finding the latest and greatest release is not working.
>
> - X

21.05 does work.  I resume with my beginner's level
knowledge, there won't be any improvements in newer
versions I will miss.

I could keep trying earlier and earlier versions unti
I get the not supported message