Hi,

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

Well, it depends on your point of view. Instead of bringing the
Pashto or Ordu case, lets have a look at the western equivalent.
They all call it Latin Script ("khatte laatin"), right? It's not
about language or font-style. And in computer software that's
what really matters.

I brought up Pashto and Ordu cases, because they are more relevant to our alphabet.

Moreover from another point of view--the Unicode standard--we are
using the Arabic script, there's no such thing as Persian script
encoded in the Unicode standard.

Again, I'd like to know if other Arabic-based scripts, such as Pashto and Ordu, call themselves "Arabic script" in their locale. If it is common among all these scripts to call themselves Arabic (the case for Latin-based scripts), then we should do that, too. Otherwise, we should call it "Persian Script" and add some information (Arabic-based nature of the script and so on) in a note.

Best
-ali-