Hello All,

We just recently found a beetle that we have never seen before near one of
our storage rooms. (see attached image)  The closest thing I can find to it
in my bug guide and on the internet is a root borer but the color is not
right.  This little guy measures roughly 1 inch and is metallic copper and
dark green in color.  We want to make sure it isn't an insect that is
harmful to museum collections.  Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Diana Welsh
Collections Management Assistant