Hi Jerry-

We kind of did this-  our archives are paper records rather than
books-- but we placed a data logger in the middle of one of the boxes
of records and recorded the freeze cycle.  We also recorded the air in
the truck with two additional data loggers (a PEM and a HOBO) to
compare to the internal record box temperature, which I think may be
as close as we can get to knowing the temperature of the paper.  It
was very interesting and I think we will do a few more tests using
full and half full boxes in our chest freezers.

- Fascinating-

Dana