From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of
bugma...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 2:59 PM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: Re: [pestlist] Freezer Trucks

To post to this list send it as an email to
pestlist@museumpests.net<mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
Group -

I know this particular email from Tom Strang concerns freezer trucks.  He's
right on with what I've been saying all along; you don't have to reach -20 F in
4 hours.

Let me address chest-type freezers.  There seems to be confusion out there
about them.  There are lots of chest-type freezers available today that can
maintain -20 F.  And frost-free freezers are OK.  Do an on-line search and
you'll see what I'm saying.

Bed bugs and their eggs cannot withstand -20 F for 72 hours; not that bed bugs
are a big deal in cultural collections anyway.
Tom Parker