This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
-----------------------------------------------------------



Johanna,

Sadly, the images are not helpful in narrowing the options. Please consider 
opening the frame, removing the offending creatures, and then capturing more 
digital images. If you have a microscope or other magnification device, that 
would help immensely in viewing the beasts. I remain prepared to help offer 
insights.
-Rich

> On Jun 23, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Diehl Johanna <johanna.di...@khm.at> wrote:
> 
> This is a message from the Museumpests.net <http://museumpests.net/>  List.
> To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net 
> <mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
> To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Now with images
>  
> Von: pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net [mailto:pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net] 
> Im Auftrag von Diehl Johanna
> Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Juni 2017 14:38
> An: pestlist@museumpests.net
> Betreff: AW: [pestlist] Please help me with ID of insect
>  
> This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
> To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net 
> <mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
> To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Rich,
> attached some more pictures. Have you any ideas?
> The insects move, that means they are alive and they are very small (2mm). 
> But we will open the pictureframe anyway to get a further view on the problem.
> Thanks
> Johanna
> Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien
>  
> Mag. Johanna Diehl
> Restauratorin
> Kunstkammer & Schatzkammer
>  
> T +43 1 525 24 - 4420
> F +43 1 525 24 - 4499
> M +43 699 181 13 355
> johanna.di...@khm.at <mailto:johanna.di...@khm.at>
> www.khm.at <http://www.khm.at/>
>  
> KHM-Museumsverband,
> Wissenschaftliche Anstalt öffentlichen Rechts
>  
> Burgring 5, 1010 Wien, Österreich
> ____________
>  
>  
>  
> Von: pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net <mailto:pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net> 
> [mailto:pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net 
> <mailto:pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net>] Im Auftrag von RJPollack
> Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Juni 2017 11:42
> An: pestlist@museumpests.net <mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
> Betreff: Re: [pestlist] Please help me with ID of insect
>  
> This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
> To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net 
> <mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
> To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Johanna,
>  
> The images are not of sufficient resolution or magnification to allow for an 
> answer with any assurance. Please try to find a way to obtain better images. 
> Alternatively, sample the physical material and consider submitting it for 
> evaluation.
>  
> Best regards,
> Rich
>  
> Richard Pollack, PhD. <mailto:r...@identify.us.com> 
> President & Chief Scientific Officer 
> IdentifyUS, LLC
> 320 Needham Street 
> Suite 200 
> Newton, MA 02464-1593
> ------------------ 
> 617.600.6360  (W)
> 617.513.9266  (M)
> <image001.png> <http://twitter.com/IdentifyUS>  
> <http://twitter.com/IdentifyUS><image002.png> 
> <http://www.facebook.com/IdentifyUS>  
> <http://www.facebook.com/IdentifyUS><image003.png> 
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/richard-pollack/7/899/681>  
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/richard-pollack/7/899/681><image004.png> 
> <http://idmybug.tumblr.com/>  <http://idmybug.tumblr.com/><image005.png> 
> <skype:cimex57?call>  <skype:cimex57?call><image006.png> 
> <http://quora.com/Rich-Pollack>
>  <http://quora.com/Rich-Pollack><image007.png> 
> <https://identify.us.com/><image008.png> 
> <https://identify.us.com/support-topics/spec-eval-forms/spec-eval-form-en.html>
>  
> On Jun 23, 2017, at 5:20, Diehl Johanna <johanna.di...@khm.at 
> <mailto:johanna.di...@khm.at>> wrote:
>  
> This is a message from the Museumpests.net <http://museumpests.net/>  List.
> To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net 
> <mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
> To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Dear pest-list members,
> I found two very small insects (approximate only 2mm long) in a frame of an 
> aquarelle painting and some feeding traces. Could they be silverfishes? 
> Please help me with the ID…
> Thank you very much!
>  
> Johanna
>  
> Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien
>  
> Mag. Johanna Diehl
> Restauratorin
> Kunstkammer & Schatzkammer
>  
> T +43 1 525 24 - 4420
> F +43 1 525 24 - 4499
> M +43 699 181 13 355
> johanna.di...@khm.at <mailto:johanna.di...@khm.at>
> www.khm.at <http://www.khm.at/>
>  
> KHM-Museumsverband,
> Wissenschaftliche Anstalt öffentlichen Rechts
>  
> Burgring 5, 1010 Wien, Österreich
> ____________
>  
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list send an email to
> imail...@museumpests.net <mailto:imail...@museumpests.net> and in the body 
> put:
> "unsubscribe pestlist"
> Any problems email l...@zaks.com <mailto:l...@zaks.com>
> 
>  
> <Insekt_Aquarell_SK.jpg><Insekt_Aquarell_SK_2.jpg><Insekt_Aquarell_SK_3.jpg><Insektenfrass_Aquarell_SK.jpg><Insektenfrass_Aquarell_SK_2.jpg>
>  
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list send an email to
> imail...@museumpests.net <mailto:imail...@museumpests.net> and in the body 
> put:
> "unsubscribe pestlist"
> Any problems email l...@zaks.com <mailto:l...@zaks.com>
> 
>  
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list send an email to
> imail...@museumpests.net <mailto:imail...@museumpests.net> and in the body 
> put:
> "unsubscribe pestlist"
> Any problems email l...@zaks.com <mailto:l...@zaks.com>
> 
>  
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list send an email to
> imail...@museumpests.net <mailto:imail...@museumpests.net> and in the body 
> put:
> "unsubscribe pestlist"
> Any problems email l...@zaks.com <mailto:l...@zaks.com>
> 
>  
> 
> <Insektenfrass_Aquarell_SK.jpg><Insektenfrass_Aquarell_SK_2.jpg>



-------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list send an email to
imail...@museumpests.net and in the body put:
"unsubscribe pestlist"
Any problems email l...@zaks.com

Reply via email to