[GOP] Pol Says Online Voting Post Was Joke; Officials Not Laughing

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/pol-online-voting-post-joke-officials-laughing-42892173

        A Republican councilman said he deleted an online posting
        about casting presidential votes via Facebook and Twitter
        because people didn't realize he intended it as a joke, but
        state officials are taking the matter seriously.  No state
        allows voters to cast ballots via social media, and
        Pennsylvania's election oversight agency warned voters not to
        be misled by posts claiming otherwise. The governor's office
        also issued a statement that said efforts to disrupt the
        election would be prosecuted.  Joshua Lorenz, a Pittsburgh
        attorney and councilman in Murrysville, told The Associated
        Press the meme -- which said, "Vote Hillary November 8th" and
        "You can vote at home comfortably online" -- was meant as a
        joke for his friends. He said he took down the post within a
        couple hours Saturday because "the person who had questioned
        it, who I thought was a friend, had apparently misconstrued
        it."

 - - -

--Lauren--
Care About Science and Tech? Our Job One: STOP TRUMP:
https://vortex.com/stop-trump
 - - -
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
         PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility: https://www.pfir.org/pfir-info
Google+: https://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
I have consulted to Google, but I am not currently
doing so -- my opinions expressed here are mine alone.
 - - -
The correct term is "Internet" NOT "internet" -- please don't
fall into the trap of using the latter. It's just plain wrong!