Dave,

Regarding "I don't think there is...", was it the width, style or something
else that you didn't like? The total width with commit/rollback icon + the
connection drop down is less than 790 px.
I've changed the arrows so they point to the data store icon (ie commit)
and from the data store (rollback).

I could change it to only show the icons when using auto commit off. Would
that be better?

-- john