On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.jo...@enterprisedb.com
> wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> As per discussion I have changed the logic of showing partitioned table in
> browser tree. Attached is the screenshot.
> Let me know your thoughts.

Greenplum has had declarative partitioning for quite some time, I haven't
spent much time diving into the Postgres implementation specifically,
however, we have had some pain and I would suggest a little bit of thought
behind this.

The issues we consistently face:

   - The huge (often thousands sometimes tens of thousands) number of
   partitions makes rendering all of the partitions painfully slow and
   frequently not useful.
   - When end users are interested in looking at their partitions they
   frequently don't want all of them displayed mindlessly
      - They are looking at a subset of partitions
      - Partitions are typically grouped around their inheritance
      properties.

-- Rob