Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Tom Lane (t...@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> writes:
> > > Do we care about people upgrading to unreleased versions? We could do
> > > nothing, document it in the release notes, or ???
> >
> > Do nothing.
>
> Agreed.  Not much we can do there.

Pushed the reverts.

I noticed while doing so that REL_10_STABLE contains the bogus commits.
Does that change our opinion regarding what to do for people upgrading
to a version containing the broken commits?  I don't think so, because

  1) we hope that not many people will trust their data to 10.0
     immediately after release
  2) the bug is very low probability
  3) it doesn't look like we can do a lot about it anyway.

I'll experiment with Andres' proposed fix now.