On 06.03.23 17:06, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
On 6 Mar 2023, at 15:55, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Daniel Gustafsson <dan...@yesql.se> writes:

For readers without all context, wouldn't it be better to encode in the
function name why we're not just calling a hash like md5?  Something like
fips_allowed_hash() or similar?

I'd prefer shorter than that --- all these queries are laid out on the
expectation of a very short function name.  Maybe "fipshash()"?

We could make the comment introducing the function declarations more
elaborate, too.

fipshash() with an explanatory comments sounds like a good idea.

committed like that

(I'm going to close the CF item and revisit the other test suites for the next release.)