On 05/08/18 15:08, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 02:00:04PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
I did some further testing with this, compiling with and without
HAVE_BE_TLS_GET_CERTIFICATE_HASH and HAVE_PGTLS_GET_PEER_CERTIFICATE_HASH,
and fixed a few combinations that did not work. And I fixed the other
comment typos etc. that you pointed out.

Two things that I am really unhappy about is first that you completely
wiped out the test suite for channel binding.  We know that channel
binding will be used once HAVE_X509_GET_SIGNATURE_NID is set, hence why
didn't you keep the check on supports_tls_server_end_point to determine
if the connection should be a failure or a success?

That test just tested that the scram_channel_binding libpq option works, but I removed the option. I know you wanted to keep it as a feature flag, but as discussed earlier, I don't think that'd be useful.

Then, I also find the meddling around HAVE_X509_GET_SIGNATURE_NID and
the other flags over-complicated, but I won't fight hard on that point
if you want to go your way.

I don't feel too strongly about this either, so if you want to write a patch to refactor that, I'm all ears. Note that I had to do something, so that the server code knows whether to advertise SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS or not, and likewise that the client knows whether to choose channel binding or not.

- Heikki