On 29/07/2018 01:59, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> """
> Pgbench is expected to work with all PostgreSQL supported versions at
> the time it is released. Some options may work only with newer servers. It
> may work with older version down to 8.2.
> """

It is generally expected (nowadays) that client programs work
independent of the server version, unless restrictions are specifically
documented (e.g., pg_dump) or there is some obvious feature dependency
(e.g., unlogged tables).  So the above paragraph does not add any useful
information.  Also, I don't find any reason why 8.2 is the cutoff, and
saying that it may work down to 8.2 (implying that it may not) is
content-free.