On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 9:27 AM vignesh C <vignes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes the test will fail if it takes more than the max_attempts as there
> is a like statement immediately after the loop:
>                 like($first_logfile, qr/\Q$expect_log_msg\E/,
>                          'found expected log file content');
> I have also increased the attempts to 180 seconds just like other
> tests to avoid failure in very slow systems.

+1 for this.

> > 2. I intentionally altered(for testing purpose only) the expected log
> > message input given to test_access(), expecting the tests to fail, but the
> > test succeeded. Am I missing something here? Is it that the syslogger
> > process not logging the message at all or within the 10sec waiting? Do we
> > need to increase the wait duration? Do we need to do something to fail the
> > test when we don't see the expected log message in test_access()?
> >
> > "cXNnnection authorized: user=......
> > "connecTEion authorized: user=....
> > "connection auTThorized:.....
> >

> Thanks for testing this, I had missed testing this. The expression
> matching was not correct. Attached v6 patch which includes the fix for
> this.

This use case works as expected i.e. test fails if the log message is
altered intentionally.

> Attached v6 patch which includes the fix for this.

Thanks. I have no further comments on the V6 patch, it looks good to
me. make check of 001_auth.pl, regression tests make check and make
check world passes. It can be passed to committer for further review.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.